Writing and giving cards is a beautiful tradition. Per capita, the UK is the highest in the exchange of greeting cards, and this has been the base of our journey - sharing beauty, humour, inspiration and love.
We have dedicated ourselves to designing and producing to the highest standards, and have expanded to art prints and stationery with the same promise. Thank you for the support from all the fans around the world!
Member of the Greetings Cards Association UK
It all began back in 1977 with the establishment of the Japanese Gallery in Kensington, London. Thanks to their experience and extensive expertise, they grew to hosting one of the largest and unique collections of Japanese art. Expanding to host further branches in London and in Japan.
One of their sons, David, took over the management of the Islington branch. That’s where the fun begins. Under his management, he soon opted to focus purely on the Japanese prints, shifting out the 3D objects from porcelains, figures, and swords. His obsession with prints, soon lead him to expand from what was a predominantly antique inventory, to one that also included modern and contemporary artists.
Originally it was supposed to be just a one-off project - cards for Christmas of 2013 - but our customers frankly DEMANDED more. And that’s how the Ezen Designs took off. The new love affair and passionate journey commenced, where David discovered a printed medium, that could touch a huge number of people, whilst carrying a personally communicated message.
By February 2014 our amazing team of designers created another range, "Vintage" to add to the already existing "Japanese" range. Ezen Designs participated in our first greetings card trade fair in Birmingham! Needless to say - it was a blast with enthusiastic feedback from the industry.
Our efforts lead to us being qualified as finalist in what is the Oscars for the greeting cards world. This was when we caught the eyes of some of the key buyers in the UK, leading us to be placed in prominent stores such, Harrods amongst other internationally recognised stores.
Stockists increasing, with now a branded dedicated section in the Harrods, Kew Gardens, British Museum and abroad. Ezen Designs launches digital art prints proving to be a successful range with high demand.
The industry’s most prestigious award - Gift of the Year 2017. Ezen Designs was successfully nominated and shortlisted for the 2018 awards.
High quality stationery notebooks added to the range of products available from our London outlet. Currently, these are exclusive to our retail customers. With personalisation, the notebooks are unparalleled in terms of quality and class.
MADE IN LONDON
All of our products are designed, produced, packed, and sent from our London studio.
Our drive for perfection and attention to detail is reflected in each and every card.
- Descriptions on the back. We do not limit ourselves just to the front of the card. Flip it over and check out interesting trivia and fun facts.
- Our cards are each hand finished with elegant round corners to add to the aesthetic look of each card that leaves our studio.
- Assurance of the best quality paper produced in a way that supports sustainable forest management.
Ezen’s Islington Studio is a busy, inspiring hub of creativity. We are regularly creating new collections whilst also refreshing already existing ranges to bring our customers new and exciting product.
The design team consists of extremely talented young artists all of whom share our dedication and passion. Our portfolio is constantly evolving. Currently, we offer the following collections:
- Japanese - stunning exotic images, ranging from traditional art designs to more contemporary designs inspired by tradition.
- Funny animal - one of our most popular, filled with puns and ballsy captions that would bring smiles to everyone regardless of age.
- Vintage - made of class and style with a dash of Art Deco 'sophistication'.
- Photo - beautifully captured images accompanied by various headings suitable for every occasion.
- Classic - from classic botanical designs to old master paintings and a range in Victorian style
- Colourblock - a fresh attempt on classic motives in vibrant colours and minimal design
- Map - a range based on antique maps from the 16th, and modern maps in black and white of cities around the world
We promise to offer the best to you and hope you will continue to support us in our journey. Please leave your email address to be updated, and join us on our exciting progress into the future!